Three years ago, 33 avenue Miquelon came online. Today, I invite you to come celebrate the milestones achieved during the past year as “the address for fashion, music and culture” turns the third page on its history.
Where did the past 12 months go, I wonder…
- Tired of seeing the avenue inundated by those discovering that the thing they’d read about on Tumblr was nothing more than fan fiction — thus stealing focus away from fashion — I decided to reach out to another community by interviewing the voice behind my blog’s mascot, Tabitha St. Germain. To this day, the bronies still hold the one-day record of pageviews on this blog. That said, my violet-eyed cult will never go away so long as the avenue stands.
- Speaking of pageviews, the avenue saw its 100,000th view early Christmas morning. In the meanwhile, monthly views also increased, with an average of 7,700 views/month as of this writing. Most views originated from the United States, with Canada and the United Kingdom in a distant second and third, respectively.
- Away from the avenue, I took on a brief gig with automotive blog The Truth About Cars — still need to finish my “re-learning how to drive” series for them, by the way — tackled an internship at local public radio affiliate WFPL, and found paying work with Louisville.com, a local professional DJ service, and Insider Louisville. At the same time, my unemployment insurance came and went without anything to replace it thus far.
- I bore witness to my city’s first-ever fashion week under the Big Four Bridge at Waterfront Park, and I hope to experience all four days this October.
- My father remarried in May on a beach in Florida as the sun set into the Gulf of Mexico.
- And of course, whether I was out covering a story for my blog or for local media, or interacting outside of writing, I got to meet all of you.
It’s been a good year overall on the avenue, but now it’s time to make this new year better. I have a lot of space that could be utilized for financial gain, including the real estate before your eyes. A media kit is in the works for those of you who are interested, whether you are fellow bloggers, awesome food trucks, bronies who got screwed over in Las Vegas, contact lens distributors who sell violet costume contacts, local publishers, designers, retailers et al. My goal for this year is not to have to worry about rent money, bills or bus fare ever again. I hope you will still be here in 2014 as this change happens. My voice will not disappear, but there will be change.
Until then, I wish you all the best.