Thirty-four years ago, I was born in Louisville, Kentucky. I spent most of my life in Kansas, spent another four and a half years in Washington State, then came home.
How was Chapter 33? Have a look…
- Bounced around from place to place for five months while looking for a new start after my last employer folded, living with my father near the end of my nomadic journey through Louisville
- Gave up my very first pet for adoption to a loving home through the Kentucky Humane Society
- Gained a cult following from a forgotten piece of fan fiction written under a male pseudonym when I was 19
- Returned to the Highlands in March, living close to the heart of Louisville’s eclectic neighbourhood
- Asked for (and received) a prized interview with a semi-reclusive voice actress
- Began contributing articles to Toronto, Ontario-based automotive blog The Truth About Cars
- Attempted to get a high-end luxury boutique off the ground; did not have the means to acquire startup financing
- Connected with more people in my city and elsewhere, from food truck purveyors and newsreaders to Canadian actresses and fellow local fashion bloggers
- Volunteered my time for WFPL’s spring fundraiser
- Spent this summer as an intern at WFPL working on two different projects, and recorded an unscoped aircheck
- Sent out my résumé and cover sheet to a contact at Chicago’s PBS affiliate WYCC
- Also sent my aircheck to a local talent agency
- And finally, took a position as one of Louisville.com’s newest fashion writers
How will Chapter 34 turn out? My unemployment runs out in December, so the clock is ticking.
Cross your fingers for me.
Photo credit: Flickr/jmouse