This weekend is the Kentuckiana Pride Festival, where I will be recording audio and interviewing attendees for the documentary on Louisville’s LGBTQ community due to air in August on WFPL. I’ve never been one for pride festivals — I prefer more intimate gatherings held indoors — but gathering sound and interviews as part of my duties as an intern will be awesome!
Oh, and the house Internet returned a few days ago, so we have that.
Edited By: Taylor Davies
The submissions for this week’s Links à la Mode were a total turn around from last week’s, but isn’t that always the way with blogging? One week you want to talk about the Prada exhibit at The Met, and the next you want to share your DIY for a fabulous studded collar.
As bloggers, we each try to own our niche and develop a personality, but the fun is in being able to expand; to shift gears and to evolve our content any way we choose. The 20 links below represent a myriad of personal points-of-view, from color obsessions to trend tips learning to love dressing for yourself and no one else.
LINKS À LA MODE: THE IFB WEEKLY ROUND UP: JUNE 14TH
- A Casa Da Va: Sail Away With Me
- Chocolate Sarcasm: In Their Closet – Lauren
- Dress Code: High Fashion: The Four Shades of Yellow SS12
- Fashionable in Montreal: Dressing For Me
- Flounces and Slashes: DIY Louis Vuitton Gold Collar
- Haute Americana: Made In America – Resort Wear 2013
- Hunting in Heels: The History of Polka Dots
- Kate B McLeod: Riders By Lee SS12
- Kinks Are The New Pink: 5 Ways To Jazz Up Your Natural Hair for Summer
- Life of a Recessionista: Beauty Purchases I Regret
- LoveLee: Beauty Trend Alert – 4 Summer Lip Shades
- My Vintage Curves: My Vintage Lifestyle
- Primped & Primed: Obsession – Studded Collars
- SheenaFab: How To Wear The Masculine Chic Trend
- Style & Starbucks: Summer/Autumn Capsule Wardrobe
- Style In The Middle: Transform Your Maxi
- The Chic Muse: Time For Tea
- WWelcome To My Closet: Denim Shorts – Drab To Fab
- Wish Upon A Smile: Will You Come Again And Join Me This Time?
- Zarna’s Runway: Flouncy