The weekend is here, summer is officially here, and a good portion of the United States is burning under the heat of the summer sun. So while you do your best to stay cool — or alive — here is this week’s Links à la Mode from IFB and Shopbop.
Summer starts here!
Edited by: Emily of Sugar & Spice
My first week editing Links à la Mode and so many amazing posts to choose only 20 from!
Today marks the first day of summer for the northern hemisphere, and judging by my choice below, I am willing summer to start in earnest in the UK! In the meantime, there’s tips on keeping stylish in the rain.
One of the things I love about the fashion blogging community is the creativeness that it breeds, and this week is no exception with a few brilliant and on-trend DIYs for your to try at home.
If DIY-ing isn’t your thing but you still like to save your pennies, there are posts for splurging or saving, too.
LINKS À LA MODE: THE IFB WEEKLY ROUND UP: JUNE 21ST
- Capital Fashion: The fashionista’s bucket list
- Citizen Rosebud: 5 Quick Questions for Ari Seth Cohen
- Fashion Pastiche: how to wear hot pink this summer
- Fashion, Trends and More: how to dress stylishly on a dime
- Fashionopolis: dressing stylishly in the rain
- Kaaty McDonald: DIY your own skull and spike statement necklace
- Law Moda: Ikat: a history of this summer’s print
- Lazy cat style: collages for this summer’s trends
- Life.style.flash: working forgotten pieces into your outfits
- Lifestyles of the Thrifty and Shameless: on why the only way to make a statement this season is via a statement necklace
- Lovelee: Summer’s nail palette
- Mia Moore: Asymmetric skirt DIY
- My Vintage Curves: summer of love
- Oranges and Apples: on whether or not we’re out-growing blogging
- Pink Chai Style: Top tips for picking your prefect red lipstick
- She like ruffles, he like ruffles: splurge or save on this season’s most wanted maxi dress
- The Chic Street: some accessory inspiration for brightening your day
- The Closet Coach: When to save and when to splurge on your wardrobe
- The Simply Luxurious Life: Style Commandments to live by
- WWelcome to my Closet: on saying goodbye to an old favourite