Last year, I made a list of things to accomplish for 2011. Not necessarily resolutions — I’m just not into those — but goals I had wanted to take on and make real. Let’s see how I did.
- Take you through more of Louisville, Kentucky, the city I call home: Ding-Ding! I took you to a few places in my city that I liked, and even showed you my neighbourhood… twice!
- Make it to at least one major fashion week: Ding-Ding-Ding! Oh did I ever.
- Relearn how to drive and regain my license: Bonk. That was derailed due to loss of employment/income.
- Learn more French before heading off to Paris to celebrate my 33rd birthday: Big Bonk. Didn’t have enough vacation time then, not enough income now.
- Monetize my blog/skills gained from blogging: Bonk. Not being paid yet.
- Comment more, and not always on the same blogs: Ding. Still could use more work, though.
- Throw in an outfit post now and then: Big Bonk. Closest I got was the mirror photo I took during Fashion’s Night Out.
- Meet a few bloggers in person: Ding-Ding-Ding! Coming to New York in February allowed me to meet quite a few of you; you know who you all are.
- Try to bring more fashion-/style-related items to the party: Toss. It’s open to interpretation.
- Expand Music Monday into a mini music magazine: Bonk. It actually became MTV circa 1981, which has its bonuses.
So, what of this year, then? I have a few ideas…
- If my skills aren’t being employed by anyone else, employ them myself
- Relearn how to drive + regain my license
- Do more to promote Louisville and (especially) Louisville fashion + style
- Expand and develop my photography skills into film as well as digital
- Return to New York for (at least) #IFBcon, if not New York Fashion Week
It’s a start.
What say you? What ideas do you have in mind for your 2012?