The sun has risen over the ashes of 2012, a year that was so rough at times that it almost ended nearly two weeks early. Yet, we have made it through to see a new gold dawn for the world of 2013.
Last year, as in previous years, I made a brief list of things I had wanted to accomplish in 2012. How well did I do?
- Become self-employed if I could not find employment: Thud. While I am paid for my writing at Louisville.com, I’m not as employed I’d like to be.
- Re-learn how to drive, regain license: Big bonk. Not enough money to spare.
- Do more to promote Louisville and the city’s fashion scene: Ding! Granted, it’s through my work as a fashion writer at Louisville.com, but there it is.
- Improve upon my photography, expand into film: Thud. I didn’t go into film cameras, though a few people do seem to love the photos I do take, going so far as to put one of them on their Pinterest.
- Return to New York for NY Fashion Week/#IFBcon: Big bonk. I left the state once in 2012, and that was to pick up my media pass for Waterfront Fashion Week… across the river in Jeffersonville, Indiana.
What’s on my to-do list for 2013?
- Dive headfirst into freelance writing.
- Re-learn to drive, regain my license, buy first car.
- Return to Indianapolis to resume laser hair reduction.
- Begin hormone treatment again.
- Become a freelance personal stylist.
- Publish an e-book on Alexandria’s Genesis.
- Raise $550 for voiceover training, start voiceover career.
- Return to New York.
- Obtain passport.
- Purchase and use a DSLR, start freelance photography career.
That’s all I’ve got. What’s on your list for 2013?