Policies of Truth
33 avenue Miquelon (“blog”) is an alternative fashion blog based in Louisville, Kentucky, United States, written, produced and edited by Cameron Miquelon (“author”).
You, the commentariat, play a key role in the success of this blog. These are the house rules regarding said success.
- Commenting Period: The commentariat has 14 days to comment on a given post from the time the post is published. After the 14th day, the floor is closed in order to prevent “necro-commenting,” and to move forward.
- Exceptions: If a post is really, really popular, I will reopen those posts for commenting, or keep them open if they haven’t been closed already.
- Links: In general, there is a place in the comment box to place a link to your blog or website; this is the only place where I should see a link. Any link(s) within the comment itself will be held in moderation until I decide what to do with it; editing may occur.
- Self-Promotions et al: Please do not do this. The quality of your comment should be enough to attract followers to your blog/contest/giveaway/free lobotomy. Trust me on this one.
- Spam & Ham: Akismet is my friend. Legitimate comments now and again are caught by the spam nets; I’ll do my best to free your comment and release it back into the wild.
- Editing: Sometimes I edit comments; most of the time, it’s due to misplaced links and self-promotion. Other times, it’s due to grammar/spelling/context issues, if deemed necessary.
- You write a seemly legitimate comment, your email address checks out, but the blog linked in CommentLuv is for a website/blog that might as well be a front for spambots. Your comment is deleted, as I don’t feel like talking to a bot/person acting for a bot.
- You use a different email address to get around your only warning or a ban for failing to heed the policies above/ignoring them outright. Comment deleted, marked as spam, you become permabanned.
- Deleting: I do this only if I think a comment is too close to being spam; no one is going to trick my commentariat into looking at some phishing scam.
Members of the commentariat — other than the spammers Akismet ensnares — who fail to heed the above will receive one warning email. Those who still cannot be bothered to come correct will find themselves on the business end of the banhammer after the third violation, the length of which depending on exactly what the violation was.
This is a promise to anyone I interview for my blog:
- I will never, ever, censor anyone. You have the right to be yourself, for better and for worse.
- The only editing that will occur will involve grammar, spelling, and — for the lack of a better term — framing (whereupon I break up a long paragraph if it makes sense in the narrative to do so).
- Speaking of editing, I write and edit using the Associated Press Stylebook; interviews will also be edited under said guidelines.