Welcome to September! Autumn is only days away, school is back in session, the MDA Telethon has yet to be cancelled, and the whole world is currently yelling at empty chairs hosting invisible presidents. All before Labor Day, no less.
Anyway, here’s what you may have missed this week…
- Bid farewell to August 2012
- Paid witness to lots of sparkle at this year’s Best Dressed
- Threw the iPod on Random
- Helped an actress select a pair of black boots for autumn
- Celebrated my sister’s 16th birthday a few weeks early
- Passed over for a social media position at a local marketing company
- And ended up on the front page of this week’s Voice-Tribune — top-billing, no less — where you can read my brief review of BD2012, along with those from The Chic Sheet and Dara Michelle
Until we meet again, I leave you with an extended version of “Doctor Jeep” from The Sister of Mercy’s 1990 album Vision Thing, whose title is derived from an oft-cited quote made by President George H. W. Bush in response to a suggestion toward focusing on the larger picture instead of short-term campaign goals, something Mittens and the Objectivist should consider should they somehow take over as CEO and COO of America Incorporated. All the best to you.