Two years ago, I set out on an unexpected journey into the realm of fashion blogging. Back then, I only had a vague knowledge of fashion, and I didn’t think I’d fit in with whatever I was going to blog about.
Turns out, the worry was all for naught.
Anyway, where did all the time go? Well…
- Transformed my blog by changing nearly everything about it, from the colours used to the Anglicizing of the blog in all but its very name
- Came out as the author of a fictional genetic/posthuman mutation that was not meant to be real, only for New Agers and Tumblr to make it so to my chagrin; thank you lot for visiting daily, by the way
- Brought in two guest contributors who helped make Halloween fun, and made sure NY Fashion Week was covered in-person when I could not
- Stopped reviewing blogs, starting interviewing the bloggers behind them
- Saw a new one-day record of 3,100+ visitors come to this blog
- And I’m still not done yet
I have a couple of wishes for this new year. One is the hope that the time and energy I put into this blog — and its promotion — will finally lead to something new for me, something that brings money back into my wallet while, ultimately, allowing me the freedom and happiness I seek; I do not want to go back to work for a place like VMS ever again.
The other wish? To interview (in-character) Rarity from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. She is a fashion designer, after all, and I’d rather have a different audience come to my blog for a semi-related reason this time.
Happy second anniversary to my blog, and may this next year be the best one yet.
Photo credit: Cameron Miquelon (title card).